Angel Cervera Claudio
Developer since 1998. Passionate about computers since 1984
Hands-on Senior Architect
Living and working in Ireland since 2014
I’m passionate about new technologies since the first contact with my ZX Spectrum+ and its BASIC tutorial and now I work as an architect, technical lead, etc.
Since 1998, I have worked on more than 50 large scale projects, mainly all in Java, Scala and related technologies.
During the course of my career, I have been in a lot of different technical positions, from senior software engineer to technical leader and architect shared with team manager and project manager responsibilities.
Why should you hire me?
I bring to every project experience, agile methodologies and desire to be with a great team. No one
is more Java / Scala evangelist and advocate than me, but my experience taught me that not everything is nails.
Good software is only possible with happy developers in a great work environment
What am I looking for?
I'm always looking for challenges, no matter the size of he company. Currently, I work from
the comfort of home (100% or almost) to not waste my energy in commutes and investing more time
in my projects and my family.
From 2015 to 2016, I was part of a team (two developers at the beginning) with the challenge of being part
of the design and implementation of the Dun and Bradstreet’s Search Engine. Others teams tried it
before with only part of the data set, but they did not archive enough performance to be able to sell the service.
In no more than five months, we released an API (including the ETL, indexing pipeline, etc) serving 350millions of
records with more than 20 different filters.
My most worthy project has been my own startup project: www.simplexportal.com,
a CMS / ecommerce SAAS platform developed from the scratch, where I demonstrated that usability and
simplicity are compatible with flexibility, power, performance and the use of standard technologies.
In 2001 I was working in the first enterprise project base in Java/J2EE in the Santander Bank. My share
in this project was recompensed with a 2 year contract in this company as a Java technical leader in one
of the more important departments (The Treasury Department).
Computer Systems Technical Engineer Bachelor Degree (3 years / 1998) in Universidad de Extremadura (Spain)
I need to present the capstone project, but before, I have many more important things to do.
Coursera GCP Specialization. Cloud Data Engineer Professional Certificate
Coursera GCP Specialization. Could Architect Professional Certificate
Functional Programming In Scala Specialization
Shaping up with Angular JS - Code school / December 2015
M101: Mongo DB for Java developers - Mongo DB University / August 2015
Scrum manager certificated / June 2011
Oracle BPEL / 2006
More recent project
Next, the list of the most recent projects (since 2014). The rest is attached to the end of the resume.
Side projects and Opensource
Partial list of my current OSS projects.
- Scala: Akka, Sbt.
- BigData: Spark, Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, HDFS, MapReduce and occasionally PIG and Sqoop)
- Java: JavaEE stack (JPA / JAXRS / EJB / Jsp / Servlets / etc).
- NoSQL Database: Elasticsearch / Hbase / Cassandra / MongoDB / Hstore / Infinispan / BigMemoryGo / Trove / BerkeleyDB / Tinkerpop stack / Titan / OrientDB / Neo4J.
- GIS: Postgis / PGRounting / OpenLayers / Leaflet / Geotools / GeoServer.
- TDD and testing: Scalatest / TestNG / Junit / Selenium / Qunit.
- CI and build tools: ant / maven / Jenkins / Hudson / Continuum.
- SQL Database: Oracle / MySQL / Postgresql.
- Other Java related: RabbitMQ / Zookeeper / spring-integration /Apache commons libraries / J2ME / Threads / JDBC / Applets / Swing / XML / XML- RPC / Struts / Spring (spring-code, spring-security, spring-dao, spring- mock, etc.) / JavaMail / EJBs / JDO / Ibatis / Java WebStart / Web Services / jasperReports / Hibernate / etc.
- Application servers: Glassfish / Jboss / Tomcat / WebSphere / WebLogic / iPlanet / OC4J.
- Integration: OAUTH 2.0, LDAP, Amazon, social networks, privates security systems, digital payment systems (4B, Servired, Paypal, etc) etc.
- OS: Unix / Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, etc).
- Monitoring tools: Ambari, Nagios, Ganglia, New Relic
- Cloud and infrastructure: Amazon AWS / Cloudfoundry / Docker
Full list of projects, excluding projects in the previous recent list.
Others small projects
Others small project, both side projects and commercial.